The role and function of Branches and Convenors is to organise events and activities, with volunteers and Convenors to provide a range of services to facilitate the active participation of older women in the management of their own health and well-being, to promote health equity between all women by targeting vulnerable and disadvantaged women, and to reduce social isolation.
The Convenor, with her team, delegates tasks and is the main link between the Branch, Coordinator and the Management Committee.
- Organises events with the team
- Disseminates information on issues of importance identified by members
- Encourages members to join the team and attend education sessions
- Provides a quarterly report and calendar of activities for the OWN Qld newsletter; and
- Is responsible for advertising/promoting meetings and events